Discovery Toys was founded in 1978 offering educational toys for children of all ages as well as a business or income opportunity for those that are interested in marketing their company or products to generate profit. They are a direct-sales, multi-level marketing company with a mission to Teach, Play, and Inspire! They teach with their toys allowing children to have fun while engaging in learning, they play by offering toys that improve the imagination and interest of children, and they inspire by motivating children to learn while having fun.
For over 35 years, Discovery Toys has offered premium child related learning products for all ages. The company currently only offers distribution services to the USA and Canada. A few of the categories offered are Birth – 11 Months, 12 Months – 2 Years, 3 – 4 Years, 5 Years and Up, Reading Fun (Books), and many others. Below will be an explanation of a few.
1. Birth-11 Months / Flutter Fox – This is essentially a doll type toy for $ 17.50 made with 70% organic material. You pull the fox's tail and watch it scoot around a flat surface. This product is designed to strengthens your newborns hand and arm muscles, improve their coordination, help baby to learn cause and effect, and provide tactile and visual stimulation.
2. 3-4 Years / Heartbeat MD – This product is basically a doctor kit including a Working Stethoscope, Thermometer, Toy Syringe, Ear Scope, Hammer, Mirror, Scalpel, and many more for $ 40.00! It is designed to help the child with role-playing and imagination, learn about the human body, strengthen hearing with the Stethoscope, improve focus and concentration, help the child to become more comfortable with real-life doctor visits, and many more.
3. Once Upon A Time Reading Book – This $ 17.00 reading book contains many activities and press-out pictures so the child 4+ can create their own fairy-tale. It is designed to Increase vocabulary, Develop story comprehension and prediction skills, Practice fine motor dexterity, and many more.
The question still remains; Can you really make money with Discovery Toys' business or income opportunity? In order to answer this question, we must look into their Compensation Plan.
There are 2 different payouts that Discovery Toys offers!
1. Personal Sales – This is the most basic payout offered by the company and allows you to earn up to 34% profit from all your personal sales.
2. Team Bonuses – With this payout, you are able to earn up to 7% profit from all your team's sales.
To Conclude, Yes, You Can Make Money With Discovery Toys!
However, how much money is up to you!
For some, this is the most important question that needs to be answered before even considering joining a business like this. However, it's important to note that if you decide to get involved with the company business, you are essentially establishing your own franchise with them, therefore, there is always going to be some type of start-up fee!
There are 3 ways you can get started with Discovery Toys!
1. DT NOW Launch Kit – $ 49.00. With this kit, you will get the business materials needed to begin immediately along with 3 of their top products labeled with the DT brand.
2. Business Launch Kit – $ 125.00. This kit offers some of the top-selling DT products, key business materials, access to training, and a DT Deluxe website for free during your first two months.
3. Business Builder Kit – $ 399.00. This kit includes everything listed in the Launch Kit as well as 21 DT Products, DT Logo Items For Promotional Purposes, Training CDs, and the DT Deluxe Website For SEVEN Total Months!
The products for personal use are great if you have children. You're also pretty safe In terms of marketing their products and trying to get sales. Something I always look for before joining up with any company is a Massive Market and Discovery Toys certainly has one! They offer educational and fun related toy products for children and there are always going to be children! Therefore, Massive Market!
The opportunity seems decent but it was a mess trying to find some type of file of their compensation plan to be able to give detailed results and numbers. All I could find is two payouts offered by the company, so maybe they offer more, but as of right now it doesn't look good. As mentioned before, it looks decent. In comparison, some companies offered personal sales profits up to 70%. Discovery Toys only offers that profit up to 34% and that certainly does not get me excited, neither does the weak 7% team's sales bonus.
The cost isn't bad at all but does not provide a ton of items or materials for extreme business building. Even with the Business Builder Kit, at $ 399.00, you still don't get enough items and materials to take massive action! However, the prices are cheap in comparison to other companies similar to Discovery Toys. Something I like but don't like is their Training. I'm not personally involved with the company at all, but I can only assume that they offer the same type of training that every company does which is to make a list of 100 friends and family and almost beg them to join your business. Using this method of business building, you are likely to fail! However, very few actually succeed, so maybe you'll be a part of that handful of entrepreneurs that succeed using that method.
They may have a different method, and I really hope that they do. But training with these companies isn't something I get to excited about because more times than not, it's a failed method. There is a greatly effective and successful method to build a business with this company, but chances are, Discovery Toys probably doesn't train people on how to do it.
* Dustin Hale is NOT affiliated with Discovery Toys or their business / income opportunity!